CMC in Papermaking is an efficient auxiliary agent, which is mainly used in the preparation of coated paper coatings in the papermaking industry. Carboxymethyl Cellulose can be used as a wet end additive, surface sizing agent, etc., with good water retention, dispersibility and excellent of shear thinning.
The Application Of CMC In Coated Paper
- Control and adjust the rheology of the coating and the dispersibility of the pigment, increase the solid content of the coating;
- Enhance the water retention, prevent the migration of the adhesive in the coating, and improve the leveling of the coating;
- Carboxymethyl Cellulose can improve the coating quality and prolong the life of the scraper;
- Carboxymethyl Cellulose has good film-forming properties and improves the gloss of the coating;
- Carboxymethyl Cellulose can improve the retention rate of whitening agents in the coating and increase the coating speed;
- Carboxymethyl Cellulose can endow the coating with good stability and maintain the stability of the coating system.
CMC As An Additive In The Wet End
- Improve the refining efficiency, promote fiber refinement and shorten the beating time;
- Adjust the internal potential of the paddle, disperse the fibers, improve the papermaking performance of the paper machine, facilitate the formation of the paper sheet, and improve the evenness of the paper;
- Increase the interfiber The binding force improves the physical strength of paper;
- Improves the retention rate of various additives, fillers and fine fibers;
- Protects rosin, AKD and other paddle sizing agents, and enhances the sizing effect.
CMC As Surface Sizing in Papermaking
- Has good rheology and film-forming properties, increases the stiffness and smoothness of paper;
- Greatly improves the napping speed of paper products, and improves the ink absorption performance of paper;
- Reduces the paper surface Pores, improve oil resistance of paper;
- Improve surface strength, air permeability, control curl.